Today is the last day of classes for this school year. Monday is the end of the year ceremony, and Tuesday is graduation. This afternoon, we'll have the 三年送る会 (san nen okukuru kai --> the third grade farewell meeting). The second graders have been putting together a presentation for the third graders. It'll have pictures from the events they participated in and video letters from their teachers. I luckily skipped out on the video letter thing. It's pretty fun, but we'll have it in the very cold gym. All of the gaterings and ceremonies are held in the gym. In the summer and fall it's nice, but the winter and spring are tough.

In other news, my breaking streak hasn't ended. First with the car, then my guitar, and yesterday I stepped on my glasses. I managed to sort of fix them, but I should probably take them to the shop to be sure. I had to wear my old glasses for a couple hours, and they gave me a bad headache. But then switching back after I'd fixed the other ones was weird as well. I should have just put my contacts on after breaking them. Nothing else really interesting has happened except that a few books I ordered were delivered. When I think about it now, I realize how stupid ordering books was... I'll be in the states next week and could have saved myself about 5 bucks a book if I had bought them there. I guess I wasn't thinking ahead when I saw that new books were out. I think maybe I'm ぼけている (bokete iru --> out of it).

Comments