House building - Fusuma

 I decided to paint my fusuma (Japanese room sliding doors).  My inspiration was Hideki Kimura. http://www.ki-yan.com/ He uses gold outlines and does a lot of shading to give the subjects a sense of movement.  I decided to use silver and to save some time, not do any shading on the leaves.  I will however include shading on the flowers. 
Before, but turned around...
...so I could use a projector to project the image
Projected close up
Began the silver outline
Outline almost done
Adding color
...coloring...
Dark green finished!
Started on the light green...
Yellow flowers!

A single white flower

And finished!!
I spent about 24 hours in total.

Comments

  1. What gorgeous doors already! Wow, I can't wait to see them finished.

    Otsukaresama deshita~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment